Gluten Free Vegan Brownies – DANGER! – Seriously fudgey
By Ceri Gore of Art and Frost
OH MY WOOOOOOOOORD!
You have no idea how amazing these Brownies taste…PLUS they are Gluten Free! win/win guys!
I’m so so lucky to have been working with Ceri Gore from Art and Frost. Ceri is a leading light in all things ‘Free From’ and has been a wonderful inspiration. Years of adapting recipes to accommodate allergies and intolerances have given her a wealth of knowledge and I’m thrilled to be sharing some with you.
Wanna make ’em? Here’s How:
Heat oven to 170 degrees (fan) .
Grease and line an 8 inch square tin
170ml Aquafaba (juice drained from a can of chickpeas)
70ml Sunflower oil or groundnut oil
100g Caster sugar
100g Maple syrup or molasses
140g Plain gluten free flour
1 tsp Xanthan gum
125g Dairy free / Vegan dark chocolate drops
1.5 tsp Vanilla extract
½ tsp Sea salt
40g Chopped almonds or chopped nuts of your choice
- Add aquafaba, oil, sugar, vanilla, syrup and chocolate drops to a saucepan. Heat gently for a few minutes until everything has melted and mixture has thickened slightly. Don’t let it boil.
- In a separate bowl sieve the flour and xanthan gum. Add nuts and mix well.
- Pour the melted mixture on to the dry ingredients and mix well until all fully incorporated.
- Transfer to a tin and bake for 50 mins on 170 degrees (fan)
- Let them cool completely before cutting to serve
- The brownies will keep in an airtight container for 4 days.
Tip: To change it up a little try adding some orange zest and orange extract whilst omitting the vanilla.
Ceri makes bespoke cakes and treats and can be found at https://www.artandfrost.co.uk
If you are interested in Vegan or Free-From baking stick around to see some more cheeky projects that Ceri and I have worked together on. 😉